Friday, December 19, 2008

Mama got a brand new hair-do!





So that first picture is definitely not flattering, but my husband took it and wasn't willing to take more than one. I'll take what I get I guess. It doesn't help that he doesn't tell me when he's taking the actual picture. Hence the fact that 95% of our pictures do NOT have me in them because I'm the photographer.
I thought with my new weight loss I would get a new sassy haircut as well. When my face is fuller I don't like my hair too short because it just accentuates it even more. I was feeling adventurous and went for a bit shorter and what I call 'choppy bangs'. They are more uneven and not straight across my forehead and not very heavy either. I am not one to lament over haircuts and don't often notice when other people get their hair cut, so I made up my mind and ran with it.
I really like how it turned out and think that I can pull off bangs (much to my surprise). At pre-school, Maddie's teacher mentioned that I had gotten my hair done and I told her yes, and that I got bangs! I also mentioned that I hadn't had bangs since maybe high school. She laughed and said that it made me look so much younger, I could pass for a high-schooler. I wouldn't go that far, but I do think I look a lot younger.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

LOVE IT!!!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

I love it! So chic!! :)

I wanted to let you know that you can see a photo of the feather headband I made on my thrifty under fifty blog if you scroll down towards the bottom of the blog, I have pictures of it and of me wearing it! :)

Lindsay said...

Hmm, I don't remember you ever having bangs... I'll have to ponder that one for a bit.

I really like them. But more than that I like the angular shape of the cut over all. Super cute!!!