Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas came early...


I have been waiting impatiently for almost a week now to open my mailbox and find a little brown box inside. Well, today was the day. After rushing home with my treasure, I hastily tore the box open. Inside I found the book I had been pining for at the bookstore. I have to admit, I was a bit shocked by the cheesiness and the bright yellow color of the cover. But as the old saying goes......"You can't judge a book by it's cover." I read somewhere that this is supposed to be a great reference for all things sewing and it received great reviews at Amazon.com, so let's hope I'm right.

Oh, and I've gotta tell you that I didn't even spend one penny on it! I got free shipping since I bought something else totalling $25. Also, I have had these Amazon gift certificate codes in my e-mail box for months just wondering what I should use them on. (I was chosen to participate in an online forum only for women about HP products. Cool, huh? So, about once a quarter I get a $15 Amazon gift card and they have been piling up.) Anyway, the next book I'm drooling over is In Stitches by Amy Butler (a fabulous fabric and pattern designer) I hope I get that one for Christmas though. Hint, Hint!

So, now that I've finally got the book in my possession, I've just gotta find the time to read it!

No comments: