Friday, December 12, 2008

If all the Snowflakes were Candy Canes and Milkshakes...


A couple of years ago I made these ornaments as gift toppers for both my husband's and my family. This would be before the girls were here and I had TONS of time on my hands! My sister-in-law absolutely loved them and said that she would love to have a tree full of just these ornaments. So, I decided that each year for Christmas I would give her at least 2 of these ornaments until they have enough to fill a Christmas tree. I might give her a couple for her birthday or other holidays too, but we'll see. I hope she still likes them!
A side note about the title of this post.
My daughter learned this adorable song in pre-school this summer and we often sing it in the car to keep Peyton from screaming (don't ask!). Here is the song......
If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops,
Oh what a rain that would be.
Standing outside with my mouth open wide,
Ahh, ahh, ah, ahh, ahh, ah, ah, ah, ah, ahhh.
(You have to tilt your head up to the sky with your mouth open to sing that part)
If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops,
Oh what a rain that would be.
If all the snowflakes were candy bars and milkshakes,
Oh what a snow that would be.
Standing outside with my mouth open wide.
Ahh, ahh, ah ahh, ahh, ah ah ahh, ahh ahhh ah.
(again, you need to tilt your head up w/ your mouth open wide)
If all the snowflakes were candy bars and milkshakes,
Oh what a snow that would be.
If all of the suns beams were bubble gum and ice cream
Oh what a sun that would be.
Standing outside with my mouth open wide
Ahh, ahh ah, ahh, ahh, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah.
If all of the suns beams were bubble gum and ice cream
Oh what a sun that would be.
You can find the little tune that goes with it and the lyrics here. We use version #2. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kimba said...

I always used to sing the next verse like this: "If all of the sleet were vegetables and meat, YUCK what a world that would be . . . standing inside with my mouth closed up tight . . . mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm . . . "

The 3 Little Piggies Boutique said...

Oh Kimberly, I love it! Thank you so much for sharing that with me. It is such a fun song to sing and now we're going to have another verse. My oldest loves veggies and would be a vegetarian if she could, but she'd definitely agree on not wanting to eat meat! LOL!